GoCo Group are committed to prioritising a safe and pleasant working environment for all employees.
Our health and safety policy is communicated to all employees on our intranet, and is regularly reviewed and updated. We encourage a workplace where everyone is treated with dignity, respect and fair treatment. Our code of conduct policy helps benchmark this for all employees.
- Fully subsidised Company counsellor and 15 mental health first aiders
- All managers invited to undertake mental health training to support their teams
- Private healthcare for all
- Life insurance for all
- Enhanced parental leave - up to nine months full pay
- All employees given free membership to the mindfulness and sleep app, headspace
- Free flu jabs for all
- Free fruit, healthy snacks and subsidised canteen
- Monthly workplace massages
- Desk yoga
- Subsidised metafit, circuits and yoga
- Staff sports teams
- Dedicated onsite health and wellbeing room for nursing mums, administering medication and a quiet area for prayer
We are committed to supporting the mental health of our people
To support our team in a continued period of working from home, management are committed to ensuring that our team have the best support for their mental health. Currently, the Group provide all employees with:
- A dedicated information section within our intranet portal updated regularly with tips and information relating to managing and recovering from mental health issues, links to wellness services, mental health helplines and contact details for our mental health first aiders
- Bupa private medical cover – within the cover, all employees have access to a mental health nurse who will undertake eight sessions of counselling without the need for referral
- A team of 15 fully trained mental health first aiders trained in triage of mental health issues and equipped with information relating to support and services that offer longer-term treatment. There are dedicated times throughout the week when team members are available to talk
- A confidential occupational psychologist qualified in cognitive behaviour therapy. These are provided by Psychology Wales with sessions being run remotely during the covid-19 period, available via phone, WhatsApp, FaceTime, Skype and Zoom.
- For colleagues who are processing the loss of a loved one, unlimited free and confidential bereavement counselling as part of our agreement with Canada Life, the Group’s life assurance provider
- All employees have free membership to Headspace; offering guided lifestyle programmes with the goal of managing new and existing mental health issues as well as promoting proactive management of stress, depression and changes in routine and circumstance via an app
- Mental Health first aid boxes across each site
- Moodmaster sessions run at headquarters, the team are reviewing how this can work remotely during covid-19.