Health and wellbeing of our people
100% post-parental leave retention rate
We are committed to encouraging a safe and pleasant working environment for all employees. We encourage a workplace where everyone is treated with dignity, respect and fair treatment. Our code of conduct policy helps benchmark this for all employees.
- Fully subsidised Company counsellor and 15 mental health first aiders
- All managers invited to undertake mental health training to support their teams
- Private healthcare for all
- Free flu jabs for all
- Enhanced parental leave
- Free fruit, healthy snacks and subsidised canteen
- Monthly workplace massages
- Subsidised metafit, circuits and yoga
- Staff sports teams
- Dedicated onsite health and wellbeing room for nursing mums, administering medication and a quiet area for prayer
Empowering our people
12,000 apprentice hours
Our GoFurther Academy has ambition to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education. We promote lifelong learning opportunities for all employees.
We are working hard to attract the next generation of STEM employees and reduce the skills gap in South Wales.
We know the importance of using our position as a leading tech employer in South Wales, and trained 30 staff to be STEM ambassadors in 2019. Passionate members of our workforce that share our vision of enhancing awareness of STEM within the education system, they are engaging our wider communities.
We sponsored the Applied Entrepreneurship module at Swansea University Business School, injecting money into the Swansea community by funding nine start-ups in 2019.
- Over £280,000 investment in GoFurther in 2019
- 10 X internal career changers
- Eight academic partnerships
Working towards achieving gender equality
- Whole organisation gender split 59% male: 41% female
- AutoSave leadership 50% male: 50% female
- Price Comparison leadership 56% male: 44% female
We have made tremendous strides in internal awareness of the gender gap and continue to work to ensure this improves. We implemented recruitment processes that remove gender and unconscious bias from job adverts and operate blind CVs in the short-listing process. We promote our inclusive working practices and operate equal pay across our businesses in like for like roles. We also strive to lead the way for women in tech, sponsoring Digital Women Wales, a monthly meet-up for women in tech, raising awareness of opportunities for women in Wales and the south west of England. We also sponsored a girl guiding cyber security badge for Brownies this year and have a wide commitment to empowering all women and girls.
In 2019 we celebrated LGBT+ history month, Pride Cymru, International Women’s Day, International Men’s Day, World Mental Health Day, International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD), Mental Health Awareness Week, Children’s Mental Health Week and Time to Talk day.
Different backgrounds, experiences and mindsets make for a productive, varied and effective workforce – not only is encouraging and supporting diversity and equality the right thing to do, it makes good business sense.