In 2020 we set net positive goals to deliver shared value to society and committed to becoming carbon neutral. We moved quickly to find a solution to demonstrate our commitment to transitioning to reduced climate impact.
Working with SQSTR ltd, in July 2020, we fully offset GoCo Group carbon emissions based on our EIC 2019 SECR, which focusses on scope 1 & 2 emissions. We have exceeded our goals and have gone beyond carbon neutrality by investing in Gold Standard certification to offset our carbon footprint for 2019.
Our ambition is to continue to commit to UK partnerships for tree planting with global projects alongside to ensure we’re going Beyond Carbon Neutrality. Our 2020 offsetting will be achieved through planting Welsh woodland not far from our headquarters, this is especially exciting as our staff will be able to join in with the planting and we will have a positive impact on our local environment.
- Emissions Offset: 300 tonnes CO2e
- Originating Project Details: Sugoglu Wind Power Plant, Turkey
- Vintage: 2016
- Serial Numbers: GS1-1-TR-GS2763-12-2016-6354-77761-78060
- No. of retired GS VER credits: 300
- Project ID Reference: GS2763
- Standard: Gold Standard
- Pending Issuance Unit (PIU): 300 tonnes PIUs
- Forestry Location: Emilies wood at Saucer Farm, Aslockton, NG13 9AL
- PIU reference: Planted under Stewardship agreement number 464281.
- Validated on Markit in Q1 2018
- Project ID 104000000014115
- Standard: Woodland Carbon Code
- REGOs amount: 1,000 kWh’s